SEATTLE April 27, 2012 Seattle $68.6 million April 2012 April 26 Memorial Day Seattle the Pike Place Market Facebook page
Seattle Ben Franz-Knight
- Critical seismic and structural improvements for earthquake safety in the Corner Market, Sanitary Market, Economy Market, and Triangle Market Buildings.
- Upgrades to electrical systems including two new electrical vaults and service upgrades to meet safety codes, and allow for future improvements.
- A new central plant supplying state-of-the-art heating and cooling systems that optimize energy efficiency in the LaSalle, Leland, Fairley, Economy Market, Corner Market, Sanitary Market, Triangle Market, and First and Pine Buildings.
- New public restrooms in the Sanitary Market Building and the Soames-Dunn Building, doubling capacity for public bathroom facilities.
- New public elevators at the Hillclimb, Corner Market Building, and in the Economy Market Building provide better access for disabled people, seniors, and families with strollers.
- Major repairs/replacement of plumbing, windows, doors, stairs, fire suppression systems, and flooring in all buildings.
- An expanded loading dock.
- Reconfigured public spaces and additional public seating.
- Improved entry from Western Avenue.
City of Seattle Washington state
City of Seattle www.pikeplacemarket.org
SOURCE Pike Place Market PDA