AUBURN HILLS, Mich. July 15, 2011
- MoVenture to pit 10 teams on cross-country jaunt and scavenger hunt
- Teams to collect points for taking in a broad slice of Americana and reporting back across social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Golden, Colo.
Jesse James USA
But for 10 pairs of drivers and navigators driving new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat vehicles, the next seven days will take them on a "MoVenture" road rally along 1,900 miles of roads with stops at nearly every form of Americana that many enjoyed from the third seat of the family station wagon. Along the way, they’ll enjoy the local cuisine and take in attractions that are found off the beaten path of the Interstates.
Detroit Saturday, July 16 9:00 a.m.
Staged by Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand, the road rally and scavenger hunt will take the teams along a diverse set of roads encompassing metropolitan centers and small towns. Not just a point-to-point driving event, MoVenture rally participants will earn points on the scavenger hunt looking for items, taking pictures of local scenery and sharing their experiences with friends and followers via social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
With Shell picking up the tab for fuel and Autonet mobile providing in-vehicle units for free Wi-Fi along the way, there are no worries about running out of gas money or getting lost on back roads.
After a month-long search with applicants turning in videos expressing their passion for Mopar and why they wanted to participate in the trip, 10 teams have been selected by Chrysler Group brands to take part in the all-expense-paid MoVenture by Mopar.
Eric and Wendy – Fiat 500 Sport – Brown Team
Mike and Gil – Dodge Charger R/T – Red Team
Richard Petty Hawaii Hawaii
Keith and Derek – Chrysler 200 Limited – Blue Team
Mandy and Jane – Jeep Grand Cherokee -Black Team
St. Louis Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Susan and Craig – Dodge Charger V-6 – Green Team
Introduced on a blind date more than 18 years ago, and married for 15 years, Craig is a law enforcement officer and a lifelong car enthusiast who is a member of the Viper Club of America. Susan is a middle- school teacher and mom with two boys – Connor, age 10, and Marshall, age 7. Susan and Craig are looking forward to the challenges and teamwork required for the MoVenture, as well as taking in the scenery and a few days away from the boys.
Lisa and Garrett –Jeep Wrangler Sahara – Yellow Team
Toledo, Ohio Bowling Green State University Vermont Toledo
Chris and Sean – Ram 1500 Crew "Outdoorsman" – White Team
Ben and Chris – Chrysler 300C – Purple Team
Phoenix Pinewood Derby
Jennifer and Berry – Fiat 500 – Grey Team
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Vehicle-information smartphone apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to introduce new vehicle tracking system that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on set parameters
- 2011 Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Brand-specific customer-care telephone lines: first to offer Sunday service hours to customers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC