DALLAS July 18, 2011 www.ti.com/bq77910-pr
The bq77910 protects the battery pack by monitoring individual cell voltages and drives two N-channel power MOSFETs to interrupt current flow during fault conditions. Fault detection and recovery criteria for the device are fully programmable in non-volatile memory to suit all types of lithium battery systems.
Key features and benefits of the bq77910
- Battery management and protection for 4- to 10-cell lithium batteries: Individual cell monitoring and balancing with internal FETs maximizes battery pack service life and performance.
- Low power operation: Low quiescent current (50 uA typical, 2.5 uA in shutdown mode) minimizes battery discharge during storage or idle periods to optimize battery life.
- Supports additional lithium battery chemistries: Programmable (EEPROM) fault detection thresholds and time delays make the bq77910 adaptable to all variations of lithium systems, including LiCoO2 and LiFePO4.
- Standalone integrated solution does not require an external controller or processor.
Tools and support
Availability and pricing
Find out more about TI’s battery management portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Michael Weitz www.ti.com/batterymgmtvideo-pr
About Texas Instruments
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated