NEW YORK Feb. 23, 2011
Ask Owners furthers TurnTo’s mission of unlocking the marketing value hidden in a store’s customer base by building direct connections between shoppers and past customers. Ask Owners joins two other products in TurnTo’s Social Commerce Suite. "Social Merchandising" tells shoppers which of their friends (from Facebook and their address books) are customers of the store, so shoppers can reach out to get the most trusted advice available – advice from friends. "Purchase Sharing" captures buyers’ good will right at the point of purchase with the question "Why did you choose this?" and makes those answers visible to shoppers throughout the merchant site.
Ask Owners has been in trials on a dozen merchant sites since November. These sites span a broad range of verticals: home furnishings, electronics, jewelry, vitamins and supplements, and entertainment. Key performance measures from the trial on these sites include:
- 6% answer rate on question emails to past customers
- An average of 3 social answers for each question asked
- Most questions receive their first social answer in under 4 hours
Merchants already using Ask Owners say the system has many benefits.
First, the large volume of user content generated by the Ask Owners system provides a valuable research tool for shoppers that drives conversion while also delivering significant SEO benefits.
- Across all stores using TurnTo, visitors who interact with the TurnTo system convert (buy) at rates between 2 and 7 times the rate of shoppers who don’t.
- On top sites, over 30% of all purchases come from shoppers who interacted with TurnTo before placing their order.
- Many merchants say that the TurnTo system produces a greater volume of user-generated content than their customer reviews system.
Second, stores are getting product insight from the Q&A exchanges that are directly affecting their merchandising strategies.
Jeff King ClubFurniture.com
Third, Ask Owners serves as a powerful retention marketing tool. With an average response rate of 6% on question emails, stores in the trial are bringing significant numbers of past shoppers back to the store to provide answers, thereby refreshing the relationship and opening the possibility of an impulse purchase.
Jimmy Weng ePartyUnlimited.com.
SOURCE TurnTo Networks