CLOSTER, N.J. July 6, 2011 University of Connecticut UConn
Ericom’s patent-pending AccessNow for VMware View is the first VDI solution to work natively with Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer (with Chrome Frame plug-in), Firefox, Opera, other browsers with HTML5 and WebSocket support, and Chromebooks. The solution does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight or any other underlying technology.
Tony Molloy University of Connecticut
Ericom AccessNow for VMware View runs wholly within a HTML5 compatible Web browser, requiring no software installation on the end-user device. It enables seamless access to VMware View virtual desktops and is an ideal solution for organizations that need to provide access to virtual desktops from a myriad of end-point devices.
Ericom AccessNow for VMware View addresses the needs of organizations of all sizes in a wide variety of industries including education, health, and finance, among others, and provides many benefits, including:
- Support for Windows, Linux, Mac and Chrome OS (HTML5 client is the only way to support Google’s Chrome OS / Chromebook)
- Runs on netbooks, desktops, laptops, Chromebooks and thin clients, and supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
- Looks and works the same way on all supported device types, thus reducing training and help desk costs
- Enables IT staff to publish desktops to end-points for which native VMware View clients either do not exist or cannot be created (e.g., Google Chrome OS)
- Can be deployed to locked-down end-points, kiosks and computers for which the user does not have administrative privileges
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain – does not require any infrastructure for deployment, upgrades or patches – simply put new version on the server
- Includes Ericom’s image compression and acceleration technology
Ericom also recently announced AccessNow, the first product to provide access to Windows applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms directly from Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer (with Chrome Frame plug-in), Firefox, Opera and other browsers with HTML5 and WebSocket support, without any plug-ins required.
To download Ericom AccessNow, visit:
To see an on-line demo, visit:
India China http://www.ericom.com
Copyright© 2011 Ericom® Software. All rights reserved. Ericom AccessNow is a trademark of Ericom Software. VMware View is a trademark of VMware. All other brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Ericom Software