OVERLAND PARK, Kan. Feb. 9, 2011 $96 million
- 40 new cell sites were activated enabling more customers to use their phones for social networking, Internet browsing, downloading apps and music, exchanging email and text, picture and video messages, watching high-quality videos and making calls.
- Equipment was installed at more than 288 cell sites across Kansas to boost capacity of the company’s advanced 3G high-speed wireless network and improve speed and performance.
- New equipment was installed across the network in preparation of deploying 4G LTE, which will increase bandwidth to handle more data traffic.
- Permanent backup generators were installed at 48 cell sites to ensure the network remains reliable during times of crisis.
- Kansas City Kansas City, Kansas Benedictine College Atchison Kansas University of Kansas Hutchinson Kansas Winfield, Kansas
For Verizon Wireless Updates on Twitter
About Verizon Wireless
SOURCE Verizon Wireless