WARHEADS, the original extreme sour candy, launches a new fan site at http://www.Warheads.com featuring extreme interactivity, enhanced member benefits and integrated social networking, the company announced to more than 150,000 fans on Facebook and Twitter and via email to its WARHEADS club members. COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, December 10, 2009 /24-7PressRelease/ — WARHEADS, the original extreme sour candy, launches a new fan site at http://www.Warheads.com featuring extreme interactivity, enhanced member benefits and integrated social networking, the company announced to more than 150,000 fans on Facebook and Twitter and via email to its WARHEADS club members.
The new site is designed to engage the brand’s hardcore fans, mainly 8 to 18-year-old boys, as well as appeal to newer fans. Featuring an iPhone-like widget layout, the site is intended to encourage WARHEADS fans to make frequent visits to the site to join in lively discussion groups, upload video and create customized profile pages.
"WARHEADS has always been more than just a candy. It is an extreme experience that is best shared with friends," said Director of Marketing for Impact Confections Andy Telatnik. "Consumers love sharing their WARHEADS experiences as evidenced by the more than 150,000 Facebook fans and hundreds of YouTube videos. The new website integrates all of our social networking sites into one, and allows these fans to come together to build a community online."
The new WARHEADS Website features these highlights:
– Customization – A widget-based design allows members to drag-and-drop their favorite widgets to a customizable home page. The site remembers each member’s customized design upon return.
– Interaction/Video – Members are able to upload YouTube videos to the site. Tagging, rating, and hit count allows members to see the most popular videos and search easily.
– Products/Store Locator – Visitors can quickly and easily find information on their favorite products and then locate retailers that carry them.
– News/Events – Users will keep up to date with sponsorship, sampling events and important brand information.
– Comix Section – The site introduces a full length comic book featuring the iconic face of the brand, Wally Warheads. Visitors can submit suggestions for comic direction and new characters.
– Forum – Members can interact with each other and comment on events, new products, stories and more.
– E-vites – Members can invite their friends to join the fun and become members.
The new site also allows the company to better integrate WARHEADS events into its Web presence, creating an additional connection for WARHEADS fans. The site will showcase key WARHEADS-sponsored events like the ESPN Winter and Summer X Games, and allows real-time engagement through behind-the-scenes videos, live chat and interactive on-site activities.
A mobile site that allows on-the-go fans to easily access http://www.Warheads.com via their smart phones is planned to launch at the end of December.
The WARHEADS brand is part of the Impact Confections leading portfolio of candy. Mass merchants, convenience, drug and grocery stores all turn to Impact Confections as the pacesetter in interactive candies. As a leading innovator for confectionery candies, Impact Confections is the recipient of numerous coveted industry awards for product originality. The company’s diverse product portfolio encompasses such leading consumer brands as WARHEADS, Lollipop Paint Shop, and Carousel Pop. Impact Confections, Inc. also owns Melster Candies in Cambridge, WI, where it produces well known traditional goodies such as Circus Peanuts, Peanut Butter Kisses, Salt Water Taffy, Coconut Toasties, Chocolate Covered Marshmallow, and Creme Drops. For more information visit http://www.impactconfections.com or http://www.warheads.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com