Sitefinity is an ASP.NET-based platform for managing different types of websites like commercial platforms, community portals, and intranets. Sitefinity is a flexible CMS that delivers a rich user experience and provides developers the freedom to integrate many third party applications.
At CodeMyIMAGE, we have been asked by a number of web design agencies to build Sitefinity websites. And we would like to share with you some of our experience with Sitefinity and why you might consider it:
1. Sitefinity makes it easy to manage content workflow! If your customer wants to engage more people in updating the company website, like designers or content contributors, Sitefinity is a great choice because it enables users to define the workflow as they envision it.
2. It provides a user-friendly interface for your business clients, who can make any changes they want to their website without having to read technical documentation.
3. Sitefinity will help your clients monetize their website by creating a community for their products and services, through blogs, threaded discussion groups, and polls.
4. It is customizable – it’s very easy to create master pages and themes, or to integrate modules and applications into the Sitefinity CMS.
5. Sitefinity is developed in .NET and works well within the Visual Studio development environment. Also, Sitefinity is a self contained and portable solution that relies on a back end database of the user’s choice, and the .NET framework.