Below are key findings:
- 82 percent of malicious websites are hosted on compromised hosts. If compromised hosts are the norm, cloud and hosting services can’t be trusted. This threatens to put a damper on our economy, which is tapping the cloud as a backbone for commerce, communications, and culture.
- 55 percent of data-stealing malware communications are web-based.
- partnered with Facebook
- the United States Canada
- the United States Canada The United States Russia
- 74 percent of email is spam, compared to the previous year of 84 percent. It’s clear that efforts to take down spam botnets are showing results. However, while overall spam is down, 92 percent of email spam contains a URL, illustrating the increasingly blended nature of today’s email threats. The top five email malware lures are: order notifications, ticket confirmations, delivery notices, test emails, and tax refund information. Spear phishing also continues to increase as a delivery vehicle for targeted attacks.
- Websense Labs has analyzed more than 200,000 Android apps and does see a noticeable quantity with malicious intent or permissions. The number of users who will be exposed to a malicious mobile app is increasing quickly.
- real-time defenses
Twitter: Follow @Websense.
San Diego, California www.websense.com
Websense Media Contact: