TARRYTOWN, N.Y. July 14, 2011
Today’s announcement builds upon a current agreement to distribute Brocade’s network infrastructure products — including the IP/Ethernet networking portfolio. Together, the company’s IP/Ethernet networking and SAN products are the foundation for Brocade One – an innovative approach to designing networks and helping customers smoothly transition to a world where information and applications reside anywhere.
As the core technology underlying today’s networks, SAN is widely considered one of the most important technologies of the next decade. According to leading analysts, the SAN switch market could triple over the next 4 years.
"At Brocade, we’re committed to helping our partners deliver cloud-optimized networking solutions to facilitate the smooth transition to a virtualized world," said Barbara Spicek, Vice President of Global Channels at Brocade. "Westcon is clearly one of the market’s leading distributors, offering resellers access to some of the best data center technologies in the world, as well as deep networking expertise. As customers begin to adopt cloud architectures – private, hybrid or public – resellers will surely benefit from the level of support and technical know-how that Brocade and Westcon can offer."
Further demonstrating its commitment to Brocade, Westcon also announced plans to incorporate these solutions in Westcon’s LEAP (Learn, Experience, Architect and Plan) Centers-of-Excellence. These environments are designed to provide value-added resellers a facility for hands-on training, technology demonstration, and briefing center capabilities across a broad range of solutions targeted at next-generation, virtualized data centers.
Brocade offers a range of networking solutions, delivering industry-leading capabilities for storage, Ethernet and converged networking. Newly-added Brocade products to Westcon’s distribution line include:
- 16 Gbps Fibre Channel Portfolio: Brocade Fibre Channel backbones, switches, and adapters are the ideal foundation for virtualized data centers and private cloud architectures. This new end-to-end 16Gbps Fibre Channel portfolio includes the Brocade DCX® 8510 Backbone, the Brocade 6510 Switch, the Brocade 1860 Fabric Adapter, Brocade Network Advisor 11.1 management software and the Brocade Fabric OS® 7.0 operating system.
- Ethernet Fabric Switches: The Brocade VDX 6720 Data Center Switches are specifically designed to improve network utilization, maximize application availability, increase scalability, and dramatically simplify network architecture in virtualized data centers. Brocade VDX 6720 data center switches play a fundamental role in building data center Ethernet fabrics – revolutionizing the design of Layer 2 networks and providing an intelligent foundation for cloud computing.
- 8 Gbps Fibre Channel Portfolio: Industry-leading Brocade 8 Gbps backbones, switches, and adapters provide the simplest, most efficient, and most scalable network infrastructure to support the growth of virtualized environments. Included are special-purpose blades that enable data-at-rest encryption, SAN extension, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) fabric-based services.
- Brocade Network Advisor: The industry’s first unified network management solution for data, storage, application delivery, wireless, and converged networks, Brocade Network Advisor supports Fibre Channel SANs, FCoE, IP switching and routing, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) networks – providing end-to-end visibility across different network types through a seamless and unified user experience.
- SAN Transceivers: Optical transceiver modules that plug into Brocade switches, backbones, HBAs, and CNAs to deliver Fibre Channel connectivity that satisfies a wide range of speed and distance requirements.
About Westcon Group
SOURCE Westcon Group