Hard drive failure is a very common cause of data loss that could result into negative penalties for any organization. The hard drive failure is completely unpredictable.
Hard drive failure is a very common cause of data loss that could result into negative penalties for any organization. The hard drive failure is completely unpredictable. This isn’t a question of the organization hard drive would fail, but the question is when it will fail. However, if you have proper planning, it becomes easy to carry out Hard Drive Recovery and prevent permanent data loss. Below are some suggested strategies for handing hard disk failure:
1. If your failed hard drive is system disk or boot disk, immediately unplug your computer and remove detach the hard drive. Never attempt to boot the system from this drive.
2. If the hard drive doesn’t contain critical data, you may try to retrieve data without any assistance. However, you should not run any disk repair utility such as ChkDsk in Windows, fsck in Mac, Linux and UNIX and Vrepair in Novell.
3. If the disk failure is logical and it is related to file system, metadata structure and other system resources, go for Data Recovery software that can scan the damaged hard drive using advanced scanning mechanisms and retrieve lost data easily.
4. Never open a physically damaged hard drive in normal environment as dust particles might further damage the sensitive hard drive platters and make the data irretrievable.
5. Do not ever swap the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) fro any healthy drive to failed one. Modern hard disks are designed with unique configuration parameters, which are based on tolerances of individual component at disk manufacturing. Swapping wrong PCM might destroy the drive and could make it irreparable.
6. If the damage is due to water, vandalism or fire, don’t try to power up the system, which contains business critical and precious data. Doing so might destroy the magnetic layer of hard drive and render the data non-recoverable.
If you follow the above steps, you can increase the success rate of Hard Drive Recovery (Visit here http://www.stellarinfo.com/download.htm) and at the same time you can also save money. The actual recovery depends upon the cause of data loss. If the damage is physical, you can retrieve data with the help of recovery service that is delivered by skilled recovery professionals. If the damage is to the logical part of hard drive, opt for Data Recovery Software (visit here http://www.stellarinfo.com/) to recover data easily and quickly on your own.
Stellar Information Systems Limited is the foremost provider of superior recovery solutions. The recovery software are available for Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux and Novell operating systems. Service is delivered through Class 100 Clean Rooms by experienced recovery specialists for IDE, EIDE, SATA and SCSI hard drives.