READING, UK July 14, 2011
- 28 billion pounds Sterling 280 billion pounds Sterling
- Significant unmet needs among SMEs and consumers in the local eMarketplace.
- Available market growing strongly with fragmented competition and significant market potential in digital solutions for SMEs and local ecommerce for consumers.
- Only 1% share of expanded available market would deliver material growth.
- Expand beyond advertising to become the leading provider of SME digital services (marketing services, co-branded affinity cards, payment services, business operations, government access services).
- Establish the first local eMarketplace platform for consumers and SMEs to connect and transact locally (local ecommerce, coalition loyalty programs, concierge services).
- Achieve leading share of attractive new customer segments (Latin markets, campus services, SME industry verticals).
- Extend life of the print business, providing funds to invest in digital growth (Group wide best practices, entry into local newsletter market).
- Deliver best-in-class customer experience with new digital brands (simplification of products, pricing and service delivery, new self-serve sales models).
- Three strategic alliances announced this week with Microsoft, Znode and Bazaarvoice.
- More partnerships under development.
- Lower unit cost achieved through global synergies and common IT platform.
- Meets the needs of digital businesses beyond geographic boundaries.
- Customer experience placed at the heart of the business.
- Revenue mix to change from 75% print and 25% digital to 25% print and 75% digital by 2015
- Revenues, earnings and cash flow all return to growth by 2015.
- 100m pounds Sterling
- Required investment expected to be funded from operating cash flow.
- Guidance for 2011/2012 financial results unchanged.
Current trading is in line with expectations and we will report our quarter 1 results next week. Our full year guidance on EBITDA is unchanged.
Spain Latin America
Building on its strong presence in the local market through its current digital and print portfolio, Yell is developing a broad range of digital services tailored to the converging needs of SMEs and consumers.
These address both the SME need to grow, transact and be efficient in the digital world, and the consumers’ need to connect locally to the goods and services they want, in a way which saves them time and money, and moves their lives forward.
31 March 2011
SOURCE Yell Group plc