REDWOOD CITY, Calif. May 23, 2012 Zazzle
Selve was selected by a panel of acclaimed industry academics and experts.
- Kleiner Perkins Caufield Jeff Beaver Frank Piller MIT Henry Chessbrough Haas School Solomon Darwin Elizabeth Litten Miller
- Through Zazzle, Selve will offer high-end shoes, high heels and boots – all fully customizable – enabling customers to design and purchase the perfect pair of handmade shoes, made-to-measure through the company’s precision fitting service.
- Selve’s offering includes a comprehensive range of colors, materials and styles that enables customers to customize nearly every component of their luxury shoes.
- Republic Bike YouBar DODOcase Designscape
"Consumers want more than the shoe itself – they want products that represent who they are, how they live and how they want to be portrayed. This is why Selve is such an important company, and why the recognition from Zazzle and the judges is so crucial because it is proof that the retail industry, as we know it, is evolving to one of customization."
– Claudia Kieserling, Selve CEO
"This represents the convergence of couture and online customization. Through Zazzle’s global marketplace, Selve will soon have access to a huge audience of customers and can legitimately stand out in the fashion industry by providing high-end, luxury footwear that is completely customizable. Ladies, no longer are the days of running into somebody who just bought the same exact pair of your favorite heels … make your own, just for you."
"The customization industry today is growing at astounding rates because consumers demand unique, non-mass-produced products – this is an immense shift from traditional retail. Behind this proliferation of customization are companies like Zazzle which provide customization capabilities to millions of users with a unique infrastructure built for customization, and companies like Selve who democratize custom luxury products that have never before been affordable for most people."
Frank Piller Technology & Innovation Management Group USA
Redwood City, California www.zazzle.com